Miss Kitty's Summer Fish Fry
Miss Kitty's Summer Fish Fry Recipe
Total: 20 minutes Prep: 10 minutes Cook:10 minutes
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3-4 lbs of trout or redfish
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ten oz. bag of Louisiana batter fish fry
- Splash of cold water
- Wedged lemon and malt vinegar for topping
1. Pour 2 inches of vegetable oil into a large skillet, heat over medium high.
2. Cut fish into 6 to 8 oz portions and season with salt and pepper. Rinse fish ice water, shake off excess water then coat fish in Louisiana batter.
3. Carefully set coated fish in hot oil and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
4. When the fish is evenly golden all over, set on paper towels over a plate to drain.