The contracted guest must be 25 years of age to sign the rental contract. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all guests who are under the Minimum Age for the entire duration of the rental.
You agree to provide us with proof of age upon request. Please contact Miss Kitty's Fishing Getaways if there are any questions regarding minimum rental age.
We will email you your online rental agreement that will need to be electronically signed, along with information on travel insurance, information on how and where to check-in and any pertinent information needed for your stay.
Guests will have access to information on the app three to five days prior to check-in. Reservation must be paid in full, and contract must be e-signed prior to this information becoming available.
We allow for cancellations with full refund within 48 hours of booking the reservation. Please understand that if you call in to cancel after the initial 48 hours, you would forfeit any funds paid up to that point.
We highly recommend the purchase of travelers insurance for your reservation that will cover you for unforeseen events like flight delays, road closures, hurricane evacuations, medical emergencies, loss of job, etc.
Check-In & Check-Out Process
Here is a list of what is provided in most vacation homes:
- One towel and wash cloth per occupancy limit on the home - You may want to bring extra.
- Sheets, blankets, pillows
- Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glassware, etc.
- Some homes have a variety of spices, but we do not guarantee to have what you need
- Coffee maker
- Initial supply of hand soap and dish soap
- Initial supply of trash bags
- Initial supply of toilet paper and paper towels
- Cable or Satellite TV
- Iron and ironing board
- BBQ grill - you will have to bring your own charcoal or propane
- Patio furniture
Here is a list of suggested items to bring:
- Shampoo, Bath Soap, and other personal items (we do not provide these)
- Hair dryer
- Laundry Detergent
- Mosquito Spray
- Fishing Gear
- Ice Chest
- Beach Towels
- Charcoal/ Lighter Fluid
- Paper Towels, Aluminum Foil, etc.
There are not refunds due to inclement weather including hurricanes. We will only refund if there is a mandatory evacuation by the National Weather Service for Aransas County and only for the dates of the evacuation. We offer travel insurance that not only protects you against hurricane losses at your destination home, but also at your place of residence.
This product removes the worry about the possible financial loss of your vacation investment if something unexpected occurs. Our insurance policy will cover the following instances:
- Sickness, injury, or death (even preexisting medical conditions are covered)
- Hurricane (or other natural disaster) evacuations here or where you live as well as interruption of utilities, road service, or a call into active military service as a result of natural disaster.
- Involuntary termination of employment or transfer of employment
- Traffic accidents while en route to your vacation
- Coverage is provided for illness or injury while you are on your trip including emergency medical transportation
If you prefer live bait, the bait stands in Rockport and Fulton have shrimp most of the time. Finger mullet, pin fish, croaker, piggy perch, and crabs are seasonal. If you have a cast net, you can catch bait fish in the canals and the bay particularly around sunset. You can also fish with fresh, dead, or frozen shrimp.
Any freshwater bass lure can catch trout. Some popular lures are Bass Assassins and Salt Water Assassins. At night try black back, grey belly, no sparkle or solid white assassins. During the day try clear with gold speckle or any other light or sparkle assassins. Speck rigs work well for trout and reds. To catch flounder, you can bounce small jigs off the bottom and under the piers.
There is no need to use anything larger than 15-pound test line for bait fishing. An 8–10-pound test line is recommended for fishing off the piers and docks.
Keep your noise level down. The quieter you are, the more fish you will catch, however, how do you keep your child from jumping up and down and clapping every time they catch a 4-inch yellow tail? Turn the fishing lights on at sunset and off by morning. Also, remember that the fish are not on any schedule. Sometimes they are biting and sometimes they aren't. When they aren't biting, take a break and try again later because you never know when the fish will turn on!